Tuesday, April 29, 2008
· Vanguard® Institutional Index Fund — a fund that employs a passive management strategy designed to track the performance of the Standard and Poor's 500 Index (S&P 500 Index), which is composed primarily of equity securities of large U.S. companies.
- GE S&S Program Mutual Fund — a fund that invests primarily in equity securities of U.S. companies.
- GE Institutional International Equity Fund — a fund that invests primarily in equity securities of companies in countries other than the U.S.
- GE Institutional Small-Cap Value Equity Fund — a fund that invests primarily in equity securities of small-cap U.S. companies (those with market capitalizations in the same range as the companies in the Russell 2000 Index).
- GE Institutional Strategic Investment Fund — a fund that invests primarily in a combination of equity securities (U.S. and foreign) and investment grade debt securities.
- GE Common Stock.
- GE S&S Income Fund — a fund that invests primarily in a variety of investment grade debt securities with a weighted average maturity that is normally about five to ten years.
- GE Short-Term Interest Fund — a fund that invests primarily in a variety of investment grade debt securities with a weighted average maturity that is normally not more than three years.
- GE S&S Money Market Fund — a fund that invests primarily in short-term, U.S. dollar denominated money market instruments and other debt instruments that mature in one year or less.
- United States Savings Bonds (after-tax savings only)* — Series “EE” Savings Bonds issued by the U.S. Treasury, which mature in 30 years.
*If you choose this investment option, bonds will be purchased each month if enough money ($50) is in your savings to buy at least one $100 bond. Any leftover money from one month is held in short-term money market instruments until there is enough to purchase bonds in a later month. U.S. Savings Bonds purchased with your after-tax contributions are automatically delivered to you after two full calendar years from the date of purchase.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Please be aware that Your Benefits Handbook does not contain the most current benefit changes, effective January 1, 2008. However, Your Benefits Handbook, effective January 1, 2008, will be made available to you within the next several weeks.
Thank you for your patience.
A new employee asked me today for some help with S&SP. HR/Benefits could only tell him to look at the Benefits Page on the GE intranet. That material is out of date for S&SP, but there is still a lot of good information for a new person. But, it's sort of like asking a 1st grader to teach himself spelling by using a dictionary. There is a need for this blog. I'm still waiting for the new Handbook to come out.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Strategic Fund (GSIVX)
GE Common Stock (GE)
Index Fund (VIIIX)
Income Fund (GESLX)
International Fund (GIEIX)
Small Cap Equity Fund (GSVIX)
GE Mutual Fund
GE Short Term Income Fund
GE Money Market Fund
U.S. Savings Bonds
Unapplied Cash (I think this is only a holding place until there is enough for another Savings Bond purchase)
Thursday, April 24, 2008
One of his websites is http://www.efs529.com/asmefinancial/
He does offer free portfolio analysis, and generally makes his living as an advisor about investing, not as a seller of securities.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Program Leader -Business Solutions
CITY: Schenectady or Albany
STATE: New York
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
*Lead and manage large, cross-organizational projects leveraging a global team including employees and consultants responsible for Savings Security Program and Executive Compenstion. Projects include the GE Savings and Security Plan project to replace an aging software environment, a Global Mobility Taxation project and implementation of the 409A legislation.
* Provide systems operational support for the GE Employee Savings and Security 401K Plan (300,000 accts.-$30 billion), the GE Executive plans, GE Executive Plans Finance team, GE Share Owner Services, GE Personal Share, GE Summary Annual Report, legacy GE Pension Contributions, Retirement and Pension Retirement Calculators.
* Drive strategy initiatives for the GE Personal Share process and Pension Calculations and Projections process
* Develop and maintain relationships with key strategic vendors and peers
* Clearly communicate progress, status and issues to all stakeholders
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT
BS degree in Information Technology &/or 7+ yrs equivalent work experience
Application Development Leadership -Demonstrated application design & development experience in compliance with overall business strategy
Packaged software implementation experience
Team Management -Demonstrated team leadership working across a matrixed environment, including multiple functional teams, IT staff members, global development contractors (on & off shore), consultants & vendors
Project Management -Demonstrated project management experience including management of multiple IT projects within the constraints of scope, time, resources, standards, & data security guidelines to achieve overall project objectives
Experience managing large scale, mission critical development projects
Proven ability to manage budgets
Solid Business acumen with the proven ability to form tight relationships with the business leadership & direct customers
Work as a business partner with business leaders to evaluate & improve processes & be cost effective
Demonstrated strategic vision & planning ability
IT Controllership -Knowledge of IT controllership methodologies, standards & demonstrated experience through project execution compliant with systems development life cycle methodology
Experience managing Web applications & Oracle databases
Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
-You must be 18 yrs or older
-You must be willing to submit to a background investigation & drug test as part of the selection process
-You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
-You must be willing to work out of an office in Schenectady or Albany, NY
If currently a GE employee, you must have approval from your HRM to post & have at least a satisfactory performance rating (e.g., Highly Valued)
* Advanced Degree: MBA or Masters of Computer Science
* IMLP or EIMP graduate
* Six Sigma / Lean knowledgeable or trained
* Extensive knowledge of GE systems and structure.
* Prior experience with global system solutions and application implementations.
* Working knowledge of employee 401K and Executive benefit plans.
* CIS Wing to Wing process and procedures experience.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
| Status: Full Time, Employee|
Job RefCode: GECORP/809237/WB472